BYOB restaurants are the perfect way for wine and beer enthusiasts to explore new food and drink pairings without breaking the bank. Here are 10 restaurants worth trying.
1. Enjoy authentic Japanese food (and generously portioned entrees) at Tokyo in Providence’s Fox Point neighborhood. The sushi selection ranges from classic rolls to more experimental specialty options covering all bases for different levels of sushi lovers.
2. The casual Edgewood Cafe in Cranston has both indoor and outdoor seating, a menu that includes gourmet pizzas and burgers, and a chef known for his house-made sauces.
3. Located on the East Side of Providence, low-key Apsara Palace offers an extensive menu of appetizers and combo plates with Vietnamese, Cambodian, Thai and Chinese influences.
4. With a smaller menu of Italian classics, Cafe Vino in Johnston is dedicated to quality over quantity. Though the ambience is intimate because of the establishment’s size, the restaurant delivers on big flavors and fresh pasta.
5. Proving that simplicity is key, Island Deli in Narragansett is a sandwich place that’s popular with both the college crowd and locals. The casual spot offers hearty portions with a fresh selection of sides. Try one of their grilled wraps.
6. With a focus on South Indian cuisine, Godavari in Cumberland offers dinner service as well as a lunch buffet, a great option for those who want to try a variety of dishes before committing to just one.
7. It’s not easy to pick a favorite Italian place in Rhode Island.
Sophia’s Tuscan Grille in Warwick, a cozy restaurant featuring fresh Italian dishes and brunch on Sundays, should be at the top of anyone’s list. Just be sure to make a reservation ahead of time.
8. Specializing in sushi and yakitori, the family-run Sumo Sushi is a regular go-to for Newport locals. Bring your own sake and they’ll even heat it up for you.
9. Crazy Burger is walking distance from the Narragansett Seawall and offers brunch, lunch and dinner. The casual joint is known for its unique specialty burgers but includes meatless dishes, including plenty of vegan options.
10. Conveniently located next to a wine store in downtown Providence, Vinya dishes out tapas with a rotating seasonal menu in its quaint dining room.