When June rolls around, the first place everyone in the Ocean State wants to be is, well, near the ocean. Skip the gym and get your body going with these waterfront classes.
1. While it’s no secret that a good glass (or six) of Pinot will peel away stress, there is a natural alternative that omits the hangover and still leaves you feeling elated. Natural Fitness’s Full Moon Yoga on Narragansett Beach gives you the opportunity to receive lunar energy and its powers of fulfillment, wholeness and renewal while practicing directly under it.
2. It’s true that most of us need coffee, an extended vacation or three million dollars to get us jumping out of our beds at dawn, but morning yoga with All That Matters on South Kingstown Beach is the next best way to get your day started. Salute the sun and its beautiful beach-y surroundings with set intentions and a vinyasa flow that will leave you clear-minded, energized and mentally prepared to tackle your to-do list.
3. The Navy SEALs say, “The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat.” The no-nonsense sentiment is the same with Pulse Newport’s Beach Bootcamp. Sprint into summer with your strongest self with a mix of bodyweight and equipment based drills on picturesque Second Beach of Middletown and enjoy the camp extras like body composition analysis, workout plans and nutrition planning.
4. Let’s be real: Whenever you can get a good workout in while also scoring a killer photo for Instagram, everyone wins. That’s what’s sure to happen at Paddleboard Rhode Island’s SUP Yoga. Venture out to a new aquatic location each class and hone your mental, physical and spiritual balance while balancing on a paddleboard over water. With serene scenery and focused coordination, your downward dog will clear your mind and crowd your friends’ feeds.
5. If dance is the hidden language of the soul, then Zumba is a conversation your body will want to have. Join Bristol Parks & Recreation for a calorie-burning dance fitness party alongside scenic Narragansett Bay in Colt State Park, where mixed beats and rhythms guide your feet for an all-over workout.
6. You don’t need a green thumb to hang out in this garden. Instead, grab a towel, water and mat and head over to Blithewold’s Yoga in the Garden in Bristol. Your spirit, energy and awareness will be awakened as you spend your morning flowing under the canopies of greens in the soothing setting of the waterfront foliage.