1. Sundays, August 27-September 10: The Federal Hill Food and History Tour offers food and history - Italian food and history, to be precise. Tour multiple restaurants and become acquainted with the rich Italian-American heritage of Federal Hill, complemented by a crash course in Italian cuisine.
2. Fridays and Saturdays: The Newport Neighborhood Food Tour offers a stroll through a city brimming with colonial architecture, picturesque sea-views and great food. Once you’ve stopped at all six dining locations, the guide even gives you a food map so you know where to go when - not if - you return.
3. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays: Explore Providence with the Downcity Providence Food Tour, a survey of downtown’s history and unique architecture, punctuated by eight tastings at some of the city’s best restaurants.
4. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in August: The Rhode Island Brew Bus runs several tours, and each has one thing in common: travelers get to sample some of the state’s best beer directly from the source. The four tours start in Westerly, Providence, Wakefield and Saunderstown, respectively.
5. Select Saturdays: Cindy Salvato’s Federal Hill Food Tours offer culinary escapades in towns across Northern and Eastern Rhode Island. Travelers venture into Federal Hill, sleepy Chepachet and even across state lines into Fall River. Attend a scheduled event, or arrange a private tour for friends and family.