We’re still the Ocean State, even when it’s not beach weather...and these nautically inspired restaurants have a sunny, fresh sensibility at any time of year:
1. Though Coast Guard House has a terrace and a roof deck for in-season alfresco dining, the restaurant’s spot on the Narragansett waterfront makes it worth a visit any time of year. The panoramic view of the ocean – plus a menu full of unparalleled seafood – creates a summery feel, even when you’re wearing a winter coat.
2. With its prime spot on Salty Brine Beach, George’s of Galilee gives off beach vibes all year long. Seafood, whether it’s clam shack fare or expertly prepared, off-the-boat fish, is the order of the day, no matter what day it is.
3. In Mariner Square in Narragansett, Mariner Grille serves up an ocean-inspired menu with the freshest possible seafood. Think Surf & Turf Burger with lobster and tempura-fried shrimp, Mariner Jambalaya and Scallop BLT Risotto.
4. Narragansett’s Break Hotel is full of ocean-inspired art, and feels like a vacation, even if you’re just there for dinner. Its restaurant, Chair 5 offers poolside dining and roof-deck dining in season, and a beachy vibe any time of year – plus, everything on the menu, even the bread and pasta, is house-made.
5. Just a second from the beach, Charlestown’s Breachway Grill is a laid-back dining experience. Fresh fish off the “daily catch” menu offers a true taste of the season – but especially if it’s winter, there’s no shame in ordering one of their NY-style pizzas to go with it.
6. Savor a seafood-filled menu, lobster served 6 different ways, and a sweeping water view at Twin Willows. Known as the "Cheers of Narragansett," their friendly atmosphere has a casual, coastal vibe all year long, as well as al-fresco dining on their outdoor patio in the warmer months.