Ask any former bride, and they’ll tell you they remember their bridal shower better than the wedding itself. Through the whirlwind of greeting hundreds of guests, worrying about your hair and makeup at every turn, and making sure bridesmaids are all getting along, it’s no wonder the day gets a little fuzzy. The bridal shower, on the other hand, should be a breezy day of gifts and tasty snacks.
It’s with this rite of passage in mind that I developed this Crab Cake Stuffed Lemon recipe. Lemon hulls make the perfect vessel for these impeccably moist crab cakes, with a crunchy seasoned top. The fact that this appetizer can be eaten out of its own container is great for grazing – and plate-free, more sustainable, too!
• 6 Tbsp mayonnaise
• 4 egg yolks
• 32 oz lump crab meat
• 2 Tbsp chopped dill
• 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
• 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
• 6 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 sleeves of original Ritz crackers
• 10 large lemons
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut each lemon in half, and scoop the insides out using a spoon. Start where the lemon flesh meets the white pith and press the spoon between the two. Work your way around the lemon, taking care not to rip the lemon or make any holes.
3. Taking one half, cut a thin piece off of the bottom of the lemon so that the lemon will sit flat. Try not to cut all of the way through: there should not be a hole in the bottom of the lemon (but if there is, don’t worry – you can still use it!).
4. In a large bowl, crumble the Ritz crackers by hand so they are almost completely crumbs. Add mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne, egg yolks, parsley, dill, crab meat, and lemon juice. Mix to fully combine. When you’re adding the crab, use your fingers to feel for any shell pieces and remove.
5. Place each lemon half on a baking sheet or muffin pan. Scoop the crab mixture into each lemon.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, until the tops of the crab cakes become brown.
7. Remove from the oven, squeeze lemon juice over the top, and garnish with parsley and dill. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
For more tips and recipes, visit RecipeHippie.com or follow
@recipehippie on Instagram.